Piano lessons at Edora Music School are perfect for those who want to learn how to play the piano from scratch, for re-beginners who have decided to resume their training and advanced pianists. According to recent research studies, more than 35% of adults worldwide play piano or have taken piano lessons at least once in their lifetime. Why are so many people obsessed with the piano? The answer is quite simple: The piano is considered a royal instrument with a rich tradition spanning more than 300 years. From the vast variety of musical instruments, composers have always preferred the use of the pianoforte in their musical compositions for films, video games, and much more. Furthermore, the piano is the easiest instrument for beginners to learn. You can play your first song on piano within just a few lessons while, for example, getting nice sound and good tone from the violin will take years of practice.
Keys on the piano are arranged in a most convenient manner and are not hard to figure out. Also, learning music theory and harmony can be much easier if you’re using the piano, rather than a violin, guitar, etc. The piano program at Edora Music school is based on the classical approach. We are using proven traditional methods and exercises that will help you build a strong foundation of piano technique and skills. The repertoire choice is up to you. You can choose any classical piece you like, a modern instrumental (vocal) song, or even famous jazz (pop, rock) composition.
- Proper posture and hand position. How to play with one and both hands. Piano fingering. Exercises to improve your piano-playing skills (preparation-play-realize sound), wrist control and hand motion. Understanding how the different types of keys touch effect on the sound and dynamic. Exercises to strengthen the weak fingers, and the development of muscular independence and agility in the fifth finger. How to shift positions on the piano. Tips on thumb position. Intervals, chords, effective exercises for piano arpeggios. How to get rid of tightness in the arm and shoulder.
- Intermediate and advanced pianists will strengthen the piano playing apparatus and perfect piano hand position to get better tone quality. Different approaches and methods for piano fingering and fingering combinatorics. Piano exercises in all keys, in different registers, at a different speed. Work on finger independence and control.
- The most common piano articulations and the combination of staccato and legato. Scales, arpeggios, and chords. Piano pedals. Practice the most used piano articulations, such as non-legato, legato, and staccato. Short arpeggios, major and minor scales with both hands played in contrary motion and similar motion (different key signatures). How to use piano foot pedals correctly, avoiding common piano pedal mistakes. Tips and advice for playing the piano with small hands
- Intermediate and advanced pianists will reach the higher limits of their potential and skills. Play intervals and octaves. Develop the proper technique for quick repeated notes. Use a stiff wrist for correct octave passages technique. Tremolo, trill, mordent, glissando, acciaccatura, etc. Musical phrases and rubato, and how to handle multiple rhythm patterns between each hand. Accents and dynamics in piano performance. Four octaves chromatic scales; short, long, and broken arpeggios.
- Classical pieces and etudes. Easy sonatas by Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Schubert, Mendelssohn, and Bach. Etudes and studies by Czerny and Clementi. A repertoire that requires the use of the sustain pedal.
- Basics of musical notation, navigating the piano keyboard, treble clef, and bass clef. How to distinguish one musical note from another and determine their duration, and learn about music accidentals, time signatures, and rhythm. Develop your sight-reading skills. Get acquainted with musical terms, such as tempo, dynamics, and articulation.
- Intermediate and advanced pianists will learn definitions of the musical phrase and musical form, accents, syncopated rhythms, dotted eighth and sixteenth notes, complex rhythms, and time signatures, subtle nuances in the piano's tone, and expand your concert repertoire.
Edora Music School is a classically oriented school where the education is organized using modern computer technologies. We provide our students with an opportunity to learn musical instruments with a personal teacher online through Skype.
According to recent research, the effectiveness of education under a teacher’s supervision is 70% higher compared to self-study by online music courses and various YouTube lessons. However, you can learn a piano on your own, but it would not be worth it especially if you are a beginner. This is because most times, to learn on your own a piece of music effectively takes a few months. During this period probably, you would lose motivation and confidence in yourself.
In other words, various online music courses & tutorials that are promoted on the Internet, despite the growing popularity, will not replace the live communication with the teacher, and would not give you the desired rapid progress.
Besides, self-study does not give you a real assessment and evaluation of your performance level, which often leads to failures and mistakes such as the wrong choice of a musical piece (for instance, an advanced composition that is a few levels higher than your current level). You might even stop playing piano and lose all interest in studying.
The teachers of Edora Music School will help you love studying and playing the piano. There are a large number of sites that could provide similar services, but our research has shown us the administrations of these sites have no idea about their freelancers’ competence. Unlike them, Edora Music School arranges labor contracts only with certified teachers whose qualifications we are confident about. All of our teachers possess vast pedagogical experience, have graduated from the best European music academies, and have earned many awards for their performance as musicians. They are able to meet the selection criteria to a very high standard, and we can assure you the best quality of services and professionalism from our team.
By clicking on this link, you can book your first. Current prices and discounts on packages of five and ten individual lessons can be found in this section. Follow this link for Cancellation and Refund Policy at Edora Music School. On this page, you can also read our teachers’ biographies.