If you admire classical music and have always dreamed of singing like Maria Callas, Joan Sutherland, or Luciano Pavarotti; if you know the opera repertoire by heart and would adore singing the classical arias from the operas “Turandot,” “Carmen,” “Rigoletto” etc., then our classical singing program is perfectly designed for you. It does not matter if you are a beginner or an advanced vocalist, we will help you master your voice to perfection. There are significant differences between academic and contemporary vocal approaches: a fundamentally different technique in the use of the larynx (modern singing technique assumes that the larynx of the singer must remain immobile, whereas the academic vocalist should control the movements of the larynx); more frequent use of head voice and head resonator (in the contemporary style of singing, the importance is placed on chest voice use); and differences in the pronunciation of vowels, articulation, and much more. Powerful breath support in opera singing gives vocalists the opportunity to achieve a brighter and louder dynamic so that the singer can efficiently perform in colossal concert halls without a microphone. The classical approach in comparison with the modern technique can significantly expand the range of your voice and develop its flexibility and strength.
- Breath control, proper posture, and diction. Vocal vibrato and articulation. How to use the power and dynamic of your voice. How to build up your breath support, which is extremely important in classical singing. Only with proper breath support you can sing clearly and dynamically into the ends of long phrases without burning your vocal cords. Generally, the voice of beginning singers tires out faster, and they often sing out of tune “off-key.” Our teachers will offer you useful exercises thanks to which your voice will become stronger, and you will significantly improve your vocal pitch accuracy. We will also help you find your voice type (female voices—soprano, mezzo-soprano, contralto [alto]; male voices—countertenor, tenor, baritone, bass). Exercises for smooth vocal breaks and alignment of vowels in singing. "Open throat" and vocalization. The vibrancy and skillfully executed diction. The program also includes the development of singing vibrato.
- Warm-ups and proper exercises to extend your vocal range. Our teacher will help to identify your vocal range as well as your vocal transition points. Thanks to numerous exercises in a couple of months, you will extend your lower and upper voice range and be able to hit the high notes that abound in classical arias. Approaches to brief management and resonance balance. Exercises to achieve legato in signing.
- Improving your language skills. That sounds strange, but it is true. It's no secret that most operas are not written in English, so be ready to familiarize yourself with Italian, German, French, and Russian languages. We can say with confidence that classical singing lessons at Edora Music School along with proper vocal technique will give you a basic knowledge of one of the languages mentioned above.
- Rudiments of music theory, musical notation, and harmony. You will learn how to distinguish one musical note from another and determine their duration, as well as learn about music accidentals and time signatures. You will get acquainted with such musical terms as rhythm and tempo, dynamics and articulation.
- Together with the classical singing lessons, we suggest that all of our students take piano lessons at least once a week because the piano is the foundation for the study of classical vocal. Playing the notes on the keyboard as references will help you improve your pitch intonation and improve your note accuracy in a short time.
Edora Music School is a classically oriented school where the education is organized using modern computer technologies. We provide our students with an opportunity to learn singing with a personal teacher online through Skype.
According to recent research, the effectiveness of education under a teacher’s supervision is 70% higher compared to self-study by online music courses and various YouTube lessons. However, you can learn singing on your own, but it would not be worth it especially if you are a beginner. This is because most times, to learn on your own a piece of music effectively takes a few months. During this period probably, you would lose motivation and confidence in yourself.
In other words, various online music courses & tutorials that are promoted on the Internet, despite the growing popularity, will not replace the live communication with the teacher, and would not give you the desired rapid progress.
Besides, self-study does not give you a real assessment and evaluation of your performance level, which often leads to failures and mistakes such as the wrong choice of a musical piece (for instance, an advanced composition that is a few levels higher than your current level). You might even stop practicing and lose all interest in studying.
The teachers of Edora Music School will help you love singing. There are a large number of sites that could provide similar services, but our research has shown us the administrations of these sites have no idea about their freelancers’ competence. Unlike them, Edora Music School arranges labor contracts only with certified teachers whose qualifications we are confident about. All of our teachers possess vast pedagogical experience, have graduated from the best European music academies, and have earned many awards for their performance as musicians. They are able to meet the selection criteria to a very high standard, and we can assure you the best quality of services and professionalism from our team.